Need a Priest Guide?
Killer Guilds - Guide on how to play and level a Priest. Killer Guides has made guides for every class in World of Warcraft and provides free updates as they make updates. The cost of this guide is $29.99 but it has a lot of useful information and is worth the few bucks to check out.
Need WOW Gold?
BANK of WOW is a very good place to purchase WOW gold, it has a very good reputation and good prices for WOW gold. If you want more information go to WOW Gold Finder, a WOW gold review site. Another good site is WOW Gold Guide, a wow gold and guide review site.
*Please note buying guides or gold at the above sites helps support this site.
MWO Mech Builds
ESO Gold Review Sites
- ESO Gold - A site that lists the best places to buy gold for ESO
Priest Builds, Updated For Patch 5.4
PriestBuilds.com is a site that lists different talent builds and information for priests of World of Warcraft. Many of these priest builds come from forums, elitistjerks, shadowpriest.com, email contributors, wowwiki, myself, etc. I hope you find the following priest builds and information useful.
Finding the right priest build that has been tested and work can save you a lot of gold and save you a lot of time figuring out a priest build that works for you.
The talent system has completely changed for all classes with Mists of Pandaria. We no longer can pick talents from trees we now pick on talent for each tier available to us. At level 90 we have talents from 6 tiers available to us to choose from to make our priest builds.
Other major changes in Mists of Pandaria include:
-Level cap raised to 90
-A pet battle system added
-Changes to the gyph system that removes the primary glyphs.
-Many, many more changes..
Patch 5.4 has been released, here are some of the changes that directly effect priests:
- -Grace can no longer be dispelled.
- -Rapture now energizes the Priest for 100% of the mana cost of Power Word: Shield When the shield is fully consumed or is dispelled (used to energize the Priest with mana equal to 150% of their spirit). This is the modified mana cost for Power Word: Shield, after being reduced by Rapture’s passive effect.
- -Spirit Shell duration has been reduced to 10 seconds (down from 15 seconds), and the damage absorption shield's effectiveness can now be reduced through Battle Fatigue.
- -Holy Word: Sanctuary mana cost reduced to 3.8% (down from 6.3%), and now functions like a smart heal, healing the 6 most injured friendly targets within range, and minor guardians are no longer targeted (Wild Imps, Bloodworms, Snakes from Snake Trap, etc.). There has been no change to the total amount of healing granted by the ability.
- -Lightspring is now baseline for all Holy Priests and the ability has been renamed to Lightwell.
- -Serendipity mana cost reduction has been increased to 20% per stack (up from 10% per stack), and no longer displays a spell effect when in the UI when it's active.
- -Shadowform now increases the Priest's armor by 60%, but no longer reduces all damage taken by 15%.
- -Shadowy Apparitions now creates a shadowy version of the Priest that floats towards the target and deals damage. The apparitions are now treated as a missile, and is no longer an attackable creature.
- -Vampiric Touch now deals 20% more damage.
- -Angelic Feather now increases allies' movement speed by 80%, up from 60%, and feathers placed in the world have a duration of 10 minutes (up from 5 minutes).
- -Cascade effect can now bounce up to 4 times (up from 3), and its effect should no longer bounce between minor guardians (Wild Imps, Bloodworms, Snakes from Snake Trap, etc.).
- -Divine Star’s healing is no longer affecting by diminishing returns when used on multiple targets.
- -Halo’s healing is no longer affecting by diminishing returns when used on multiple targets.
- -Divine Insight for Discipline Priests now has a 100% chance to activate its effect after using Penance (up from 40%), and now displays an effect in the UI when it's active.
- From Darkness, Comes Light
- -Mindbender now deals 10% more damage, and mana return has been increased by 20%.
- -Psyfiend no longer benefits from Haste, and its health has been reduced by 75%, but fixed a bug where Psyfiend wasn't being affected by base Resilience.
- -Twist of Fate damage and healing threshold to activate has been increased to 35% (up from 20%).
- Major Glyphs
- -Glyph of Dark Binding's effect is now baseline and has been replaced with Glyph of Focused Mending.
- -Glyph of Focused Mending causes Prayer of Mending to only bounce between the target and the caster.
- -Glyph of Fear Ward now reduces the cooldown on Fear Ward without reducing its duration.
-Glyph of Lightspring has been renamed to Glyph of Lightwell.
- -Glyph of Lightwell causes Lightwell to heal for 50% more, but no longer automatically heals allies. Allies can click on the Lightwell to heal.
- -Glyph of Lightwell has been renamed to Glyph of Deep Wells.
- -Glyph of Deep Wells increases the number of charges on Lightwell by 2.
- -Glyph of Purify now causes Purify to heal the target for 5% of their maximum health after successfully dispelling a magical effect or disease (up from 3%).
- -Glyph of Reflective Shield now causes Power Word: Shield to reflect 70% of the damage absorbed (up from 45%).
- New Minor Glyphs
- -Glyph of Feathers: Causes the Priest's healing spells to momentarily grant angelic wings.
- -Glyph of Inspired Hymns: A spirit appears above the Priest while channeling Hymns.
-Glyph of Shifted Appearances: Void Shift causes the Priest and their target to exchange appearances for several seconds.
- -Glyph of the Sha: Transforms the Priest's Shadowfiend and Mindbender into a Sha Beast.
- -Discipline/Holy PvP 2-piece set bonus' (4-piece set bonus pre-Season 12) Holy Spark effect can no longer be dispelled.
- -Shadow PvP 4-piece set bonus is no longer an area-of-effect and only affects the character that dispels Vampiric Touch.
Priest Builds, Updated For Patch 5.4
This area lists the current priest talent builds for World of Warcraft but if you are looking for older builds for patch 4.3 the check out my Calaclysm Priest Builds.
Discipline Priest Builds updated for 5.4
Discipline Priest Atonement Build:
Atonement Discipline Priest Build 5.0.4
- This build is the typical atonement discipline build for 5.3.
Disc PVP Build
Holy Priest Builds updated for 5.3
Most priests are discipline for healing but holy does have it's place in raids and 5 mans. Holy priests are good at both AoE and single target healing.
5.4 Holy Priest Healing Build - You can select Desperate Prayer if you want and instant heal instead of having a shield that auto kicks on when you get low health. You will also want to adjust your mana generation talent depending on what works for you. Lastly the level 90 talent you will want to adjust depending on how the raid is layed out for the encounter.
Shadow Builds updated for 5.4
Raiding Shadow Spec for 5.4 - This is is the default shadow healing build for 5.4.